Wednesday, May 21, 2008

120 more days

this morning, i looked on my i-google pregnancy calendar and read this entry: "You are 22 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Only 120 days to go!" that's not very long, is my thought.

aside from my feeling very disorganized, messy, irresponsible, un-stylish, tired and procrastinatory, today should be a fine day... these are the times when i wish so much that my mom were right in town, and could come over and help me set things right over a cup of tea. plus, you know, it really is hard to live with only 2 pairs of fitting pants (especially when one's dirty and laundry takes a total of 4 days between the tiny washer and line-drying)... well, i have two pairs of sweats, but those don't count.

well then: i suppose i should make a sandwich and do some work in the next 1.5 hours before teaching. the bells are lovely here - everyday at noon they ding away, playing tunes and dongs. love to everyone i know.

2 comments:

ldamoff said...

120 days isn't long at all. I'm sure you will weather it with your characteristic grace. And then there will be a little baby! Hooray!

As far as living with two pairs of fitting pants, i've done that for my whole time out here, but then again, i'm a stinky boy. And am living in Africa where two pairs of pants is a luxury.

Hope you are well. Christ's peace to you.

Unknown said...

hey will you be around in Chicago near the 4th of July? I'll be there with some friends and wondered if I could come see you/meet up with you for a bit??