Friday, October 10, 2008

today:

is clean the house day.

my puppydear pooped on my living room carpet this morning. husbandlove and i just stood and stared at it for a while. that sort of has a way of messing up my morning. i've almost recovered.

i'd like to paint my livingroom purple. wouldn't that look nice?

today is the day i feel slightly envious of those with huge washers and dryers in their house. only slightly. because i am thankful for my teeny sink-hook-up washer and my clothes rack outside.

today is the day i wish i were buff and strong. then i could lift my big livingroom rug and give it a good shake and beating outside to freshen it up. as it is, i'll just have to wait for husbandlove to come home from work and do it for me.

first thing on the list: clean the kitchen.
flylady says, "As the kitchen goes, so the rest of the house goes." 
i don't think that's always true, but it is mostly true most of the time.

if you are a lady, please come over and join me for a sandwich today, if you like. if you are a man, you can wait until tomorrow to come over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post made me smile. i would like to be one of the ladies who came over for a sandwich today. since i am not one of the men who would need to wait till tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It's true about the kitchen. Whenever I have unwashed dishes, it seems the rest of the house ends up in shambles.

Purple is my favorite color, and I think it would look lovely in your livingroom. If you're not sure, you could just paint one wall and see how you like it. Then take pictures.

I also would've like to have a sandwich with you today.

- Kathryn

ldamoff said...

I would like nothing more than to have a sandwich with you and your husbandlove tomorrow, but sadly i think i'll have to wait even longer than that.

love,
luke