Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i'm eating Trader Joe's Marinated Bean Salad out of the can because i can't figure out what to have for lunch and this was as good as anything else. 

yesterday i woke up and thought, "today, my baby would have been born". just a feeling that he would have come yesterday. it was a perfect day for a birth yesterday - completely sunny, warm and joy-filled.

all day now, i've been missing my baby. right now, i don't feel like having any other babies. just the one i'm missing. my small group in my women's bible study that i go to on Wednesdays has only older ladies. it makes me feel like going since i don't have to be with lots of young mothers right now.

i've been doing great. but these last days have been a little harder. someone said, "it's all the little milestones that get to you..." i think it is - giving birth this month was one of those milestones, and it's starting to get to me.

husbandlove and i are going to pull out Emeth's two boxes of clothes, stuffed animals and goodies we saved up and go through them this weekend. i just want to see everything and repack it, for some reason. i also want to find the precious little bunnydoll we got for him.

i haven't gotten much done today - just a few loads of laundry, puppy chores, bible study, eating bean salad... now i'm driving to teach a piano lesson. then i'll make some supper. then husbandlove and i are going to the park to play with Penny when he gets home from work at 6:30. i hate it when i don't get much done.

i wish my home wasn't cluttered. maybe i'll pick it up for 10 minutes with a timer. i wish someone would come over for tea. i can't think of who to call.

4 comments:

Evan said...

Hey Carrie...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hello. Tricia and I have periodically heard from others how you guys are doing, but I suppose we didn't have a chance to see you until the other day at Liz's dinner. Just wanted to wish you well; I hope we'll catch you more often throughout the fall. I can't wait to meet Penny, too!

Anonymous said...

lovey lovey. wish i'd been near to have tea with you that day. or eat bean salad together. oh dear... the sadnesses of not living nearer each other. sigh. marm

Beth said...

Sounds like a full day to me. Thinking of you and Emeth your husbandlove.

Beth said...

I mean AND your husbandlove.